dselect FTP error [recent 1.2 installation]

I can use dftp just fine, but when I try to use the FTP access method in
dselect, I get this error:

	Connecting to ftp.debian.org...
	Login as anonymous...
	Setting transfer mode to binary...
	Cd to /debian...
	Checking stable/binary-i386...
	Net::FTP: Unexpected EOF on command channel at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/setup line 163
	Warning: Couldn't find a Packages file in stable/binary-i386
	This may not be a problem if the directory is a symbolic link

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel
--
Daniel S. Barclay      Compass Design Automation, Inc.
daniel@compass-da.com  Suite 100, 5457 Twin Knolls Rd.  Columbia, MD 21045 USA