bash question ...

Are there any bash gurus out there?  I have a couple of Q's.

I have some scripts that run fine under bourne-shell on solaris,
but break under bash on debian.  The signal trapping doesn't seem
to work.  Nor does executing multiple commands on a single line
separated by ";" characters.  Even on the command line:

bash$ xplaycd & ; xmixer &
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;'

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard G. Roberto
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.