Re: Problem with syslogd

Dany Dionne wrote:

> Hi,
> syslogd overloads our debian box ( pentium 100 with 32 megs ram)
> The cpu load goes up to 90% because of syslogd
> Anyone have idea to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dany Dionne
> Physics Department
> Universite Laval

sysklogd is trying to write to files which are non-existant in the
/var/log directory. You can determine what files with their associated
paths are missing by opening the file /etc/init.d/sysklogd in a text
editor and looking for these same files in /var/log. Any which do not
appear in /var/log should be generated as empty files with the command
"touch /var/log/filename" where filename is the name of each missing
file. This should cure the problem.

Cheers,

Victor Torrico