Re: Two last problems...

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Paul Rightley wrote:

> The first problem is that syslogd is keeping the load on my machine at
> 1.0 even if nothin else is happenning with the system.  At the same time
> I get huge numbers of 'The last message repeated 123456 times' appearing
> in /var/log/messages'  Is there a way to get syslogd to work correctly?

Please check your logfile.
Which message was repeated 123456 times? You hace to resolve this
problem which does cause the message?

Maybe you installed some sw and removed it afterwards?

// Martin Konold,Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany //
// Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
       Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
       -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

   Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
                 Worked for me all the times.
                     -- Linus Torvalds --