mount/unmount scripts

Here are some shell scripts for mounting and unmounting DOS & CDROM stuff.
My DOS partition is /dev/hda1 and the cdrom drive is /dev/hdb. If yours is
different, change the scripts to match your equipment. I keep these in the
/root directory and use "su -" to access them. I'm working on automounting
these devices so that I can dispose of these scripts.

------------ c.on -------------------------------
## Mount C: (/dev/hda1) to /C directory (mkdir /C)
mount -t msdos -o user /dev/hda1 /C
echo C drive now connected to /C

------------ c.off ------------------------------
## Unmount C: from /C directory
umount /dev/hda1
echo C drive now disconnected from /C

------------ cdrom.on ---------------------------
## Mount CDROM drive to /cdrom (already in root directory)
mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdb /cdrom
echo CDRom connected to /cdrom

------------ cdrom.off --------------------------
## Unmount CDROM drive from /cdrom
umount /dev/hdb
echo CDrom drive now disconnected from /cdrom

------------ floppy.on --------------------------
## Mount 3 1/2" DOS floppy in drive A: to /floppy
mount -t msdos /dev/fd0H1440 /floppy
echo Floppy drive now connected to /floppy

## Unmount 3 1/2" floppy from /floppy
umount /dev/fd0H1440
echo Floppy drive now disconnected from /floppy

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK