PCMCIA

I am trying to install Debian on my laptop. The problem that I am having is
that I am trying to install it on an external SCSI drive that is connected via
the PCMCIA with a supported controller.

However, the PCMCIA is a PCI bridge type, the drivers for which are still
under development. In my attempt to assist the developer, I am trying to give
him some of the message logs. But, I need to know two things:

	1) Which version of the PCMCIA module is in the current version of the
	   rescue disk (Dec 8) and the updated version (Jan 4)?

	2) Is there a way to capture the messages on a fresh install boot, or
	   must I install Debian on my internal FAT drive first, and later
	   (once everything in running) re-install Debian on the SCSI drive?

Thanks for any help.

Pete Laux
School of Mechanical Engineering
Purdue University