Re: Is Linux much easier to install on 68k or PPC?

I was not aware that linux ran on any apple machines.  As a Mac (68040)
user, I've searched around the net quite a bit.  The M68k linux
apparently only runs on M68k architectures except Mac (Amigas and
such).  I don't know if there is such a thing as an M68k apple
(non-Mac).  If there is, it's pretty darn old, and you're not going to
get much help with it--if it even runs the M68k linux.  As for PPC, Apple is
supporting a port of linux to this architecture, layered over the Mach
microkernel  (MkLinux).  The mach approach irritates linux purists to no
end, but apparently MkLinux is approaching real functionality. It's at
developer release 2 now, see http://www.ptf.com  (Prime Time Freeware)
the primary distributor of MkLinux.

Can't answer the installation question, but right now intel linux, if not
easier to install, will be easier to use and support--much bigger user
base.  In my opinion, M68k linux has just recently begun to approach
intel linux functionality, and is doomed to fall behind as that
architecture becomes more and more orphaned.

In a nutshell, follow the advice below.

Kevin