Re: Troubleshooting (was "Re: DEBIAN 1.2 DISKETTE PROBLEMS UPDATE")

Howdy,

Here's my two cents worth:

The only dumb question is the one not asked. Maybe a newbie list should be
setup so that these questions won't bother the people that are tired of
answering the same old stuff (which isn't old to the newbie trying
desperately to get his (or her) system running. Or perhaps we should just
let them give up and return to the greedy world of commercial software and
keep all this good stuff to ourselves.

Perhaps a mailing list called debian-knowitall would be good, then that
mail would be cut to nothing, since no one would (or could) admit to being
baffled by the system.

Sorry for getting hot under the colar (sp?) but it burns my tail feather
when I see people spitting from their ivory tower.

> > From: "Mark W. Blunier" <blunier@prairienet.org>
>
> > Maybe we should start a new mailing list, debian-dumb-questions.
> > It would cut my traffic down from debian-user.

Keith
keithl@gil.net