IP Masquerading

I'm using IP Masquerading on a Debian 1.2 box at work. It works very
well except for one thing : authentification on our NT domain.

The configuration of our network is the following :
- The PCs on our LAN (behind the Debian box) are masqueraded.
- Our Window$ NT server is not masqueraded (it has an official internet
  address).

In this situation, the PCs can't open a session on the NT domain (but
they can access the shared resources !!).

We found a work around to this problem : as the physical network for all
the machines is the same, we can use the NetBEUI protocol on the PCs
and the NT server, not passing through the masquerading gateway.
But we would like to physically separate the networks, and get rid of
all protocols except IP.

Did someone have the same problem (and perhaps solved it) ?

TIA,

Olivier