Debian dselect question

Hi. In October I got Debian on the CD-ROM from Dale Scheetz, but had some
problems getting it to work with my CD-ROM. I got sidetracked and have only
recently gotten back to trying to finish installing Debian. I now have the
base system installed but have a problem installing any packages.

When I run dselect it asks me for the location of the Packages-Master file.
I assume what it wants is /cdrom/Debian-1.1.8/indices/Packages-Master-i386,
and therefore enter the directory path to that file. However, dselect
objects that it can't find /cdrom/Debian-1.1.8/indices/stable/binary-i386.
There is no 'stable' directory on my CD.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Robin