Re: More diald problems.

> From: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
> To: Kevin Traas <KTraas@uniserve.com>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: More diald problems.
> Date: Sunday, January 12, 1997 3:49 PM
>
> Here it is !!!
> Diald starts pppd itself, you don't have to start it in your dial script.
The dial script is just for dialing, not starting ppp.

> So what happens is that pppd is started while diald thinks you're
connecting... It cannot install the defaultroute too...

Wow!  That explains things!

Thanks *so* much for your help!  And an answer in only 14 minutes too!  How
can you beat that?

Now that I know my problem, I'll probably find something obvious somewhere
in the docs....

> Here are my scripts:

Thanks!  I'll go over them tomorrow (when I get back to work) and implement
the appropriate changes and give it a try then.  (I particularly like the
option for multiple phone numbers....)

I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks again for all your help,

Kevin Traas