Re: More diald problems.

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 edwalter@usa.net wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, David Engel wrote:
> > I have a nagging problem with 'defaultroute' that maybe you can help
> > me with.  Everytime diald drops the link due to inactivity, it deletes
> > the default route.  After that, diald won't bring the link back up for
> > non-loopback addresses because there aren't any routes.  I have to
> > manually force the link back up.  Any ideas?
> >

> It's a bug in diald that has been fixed with the newest release of
> diald.  However, the newest release hasn't been debianized yet by the
> maintainer (I don't think).  I am going to do it myself if a new
> diald.deb doesn't show up in unstable soon.  If you want a copy, email
> me.

I didn't know there was a new version.  Thanks.  Diald now restores
the routes and interfaces to the state they were before the link was
brought up.  However, diald still won't bring the link back up
automatically after it has taken it down.  The dummy SLIP interface
acts likes it is passing packets (the TX counter increments), but
diald never seems to notice and reactivate the real SLIP interface.

David