Re: PnP Zoom/ComStar 28.8 w/Linux?

Anyone succeed in getting the Zoom/ComStar 28.8 so-called PnP modem
to work with Linux? (Model #620) This modem insists you use the
"plug-n-play" feature, as it does not have any jumpers you can use to
bypass it.

Under NT, I had to actually run a dos program called "setmodem",
after each time I did a hard-reboot, then soft-boot into NT before NT
could recognize there was a modem installed. I fear I may have the
same scenario with Linux, but there is one hope -- at least with
Linux I can get source code to the modem driver and possibly add
whatever it is that tells the modem to behave (and use COM3/IRQ5).

Thanks for any help on this - I really need to dial into the Internet
using Linux.

Jim Blaney