Re: Gravis Ultrasound PnP sound card, How to make work with debian ?

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I asked around a little, and decided to buy a Gravis Ultrasound card
> 	for my debian machine. It turns out to be a PnP device.
>
> 	Setting the kernel up to handle the Gravis card looks simple, but how
> 	do I deal with the PnP ? My machine does *not* have a PnP biso.
>
> 	Any advice would be greatly apprecited.

At the moment there isnt any Gravis Pnp support in the linux kernel. You
have to alternatives:

	1. Purchase the commercial version of OSS which has Gravis Pnp
	support.

	or

	2. Grab the third party Linux Ultrasound driver which supports 8
	gravis cards including the PnP's..
	Check out http://www.pf.jcu.cz/~perex/ultra

	Note: I use this driver and havent had many problems.. The driver
	is still being developed and there is a mailing list ..etc

	I would recommend option 2!

	Anthony