Re: Problems with 1.2.1

> Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
>
> > Having two versions of a package in an archive will give dselect fits, and
> > it will usually not do "the right thing".
>
> It won't give it fits, but it won't automatically use the later
> version.  It'll use the one that happens to come first in the
> directory.

Or if you have multiple versions in different directories,
it'll use both. I cannot understand this behaviour; everything
should be sorted out in the selection screen; how is it possible
to select multiple versions of a package? Or does dpkg receive
installation instructions by package name only, with no version
number?

hamish