RE: How to copy Debian?

Leander Berwers wrote:

>Situation:
>Next week, I have to install a few pc's with Debian. Since I do not have
>the CD with 1.2.1 (and my pc's do not contain a cd-rom player), I would
>like to do it via ftp. However, to off-load the site, I would like to copy
>it once to a local Windows machine with will act as a ftp-server.
>
>Question:
>How can I copy the site without copying on a file-per-file basis. I tried
>Windows-ftp and CuteFTP, but a mget *.* does not work, the source ftp
>server does not respond (because of softlinks?)!

You could try WFTPD (Winsock FTP Daemon) by Texas Imperial Software. I
don't know whether it resolves links properly, but it's small and easy
to set up. A fully-functional shareware version (about 256kb) is
available from:

  ftp://ftp.iquest.com/pub/windows/papa/daemons/FTPD/wftpd233.zip

Alternatively, why not install one Debian machine and ftp from that?

Good luck,
Casper Boden-Cummins.