Disk partitioning - recommended sizes

Dear Debian Users,

I will be getting a new 4.0 Gb drive this Friday, which finally allows me to
migrate my home system from a.out to ELF. This disk will be entirely devoted
to Linux partitions. I want to reserve about 2.0 Gb for 'user' data.

This leaves about 2.0 Gb for the /, /usr, /var/spool and swap partitions. I
have another 2.0 Gb disk and I am contemplating to put the swap partition on
there (for load balancing).

The disk will be installed on a Pentium 90 system, with 48 Mb RAM and an
Adaptec 2940 controller. I estimate a need for about 250 Mb spool.

Any suggestions for the partitioning of this disk ? I am leaning towards a
partitioning scheme with different partitions for /, /usr/bin, /usr/lib,
/user, and /var.
--
Ronald van Loon (ronald@and.nl)

"I am waiting as fast as I can! I want patience, and I want it *NOW*!"
                                                     - Bethany J. Parkhurst