Re: Avoiding probing a DEPCA card

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.970107184009.1356A-100000@pcse009.open.ac.uk>,
David Wright  <D.Wright@open.ac.uk> wrote:
[...problems with depca...]
 I had exactly the same problems you describe when I installed 1.2
about two weeks ago. I suspect a bug in the depca driver that prevents
it from working when loaded as a module. For me, making a custom
kernel with the depca driver compiled in solved the problem.

 BTW: It *might* perhaps also be a problem with other drivers
messing around at 0x300 (for probing) before the depca driver gets
installed and possibly finds a card that is already thoroughly confused
by the other probing drivers. (IIRC e.g. some Mitsumi CD drivers use
ports at 0x300)

Greetings,
-Gerhard