Re: Missing: resq1200.bin

Greg Vence <gvence@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Sven Rudolph wrote:
> >
> > Gregory Vence <gvence@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> >
> > > Where can I find resq1200.bin ?  its not on ftp.debian.org.
> >
> > I created a 1.2MB rescue disk, it is available from
> > ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/people/sr1/debian-boot/

> Thanks, I've seen several other posts requesting this.
>
> Is this a feature that is being dropped or was it just a lag?

The 1.44MB disk includes the kernel and the root filesystem. They
didn't fit on a 1.2MB disk. I first tried tricks to make either the
kernel or the root filesystem smaller, but I didn't save enough disk
space.

So I decided to move the root file system off to another disk.

I intend to ask Bruce Perens to provide the 1.2MB rescue disk together
with the other disk images.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/