Re: InfoMagic Debian 1.2 Installation

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Randall E. Price wrote:

> Bruce Perens wrote:
> >
> > I think you might also have to install "xext".
> >

> SO far adding the modules for pex and xie has solved the first problem,
> but now X11 starts up fine and appears to be working well and then it
> just exits without an error message.  I installed xext, well sort of,
> there is no xext module in the directory with pex5.so and xie.so, so I
> don't really understand what is supposed to happen with "xext".  So I
> still do not have it working.

Have you added /usr/X11R6/lib to /etc/ld.conf?

It might be the old ld.so-xlib problem in a disguise. The program started
last, probably your window manager, in your .xsession file looks for the
xlibraries, can't find it, and exits with an error immediately, upon which
the xserver exits normally. If not the xlibraries, there might be some
other configuration error for the w-manager.

--prashanth