ppp install problem

I have problem to upgrade PPP and it seems that it is a chown problem.
Any helps?

Preparing to replace ppp 2.2.0f-2 (using ppp_2.2.0f-19.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement ppp ...
Setting up ppp (2.2.0f-19) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/ppp ...

Configuration file `/etc/ppp/pap-secrets'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** pap-secrets (Y/I/N/O/Z) [default=N] ? Y
Installing new version of config file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets ...
chown: root.dip: invalid group
dpkg: error processing ppp (--install):
 ppp