Re: Warm Boot Problems

At 10:25 AM 12/18/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I seem to be having trouble booting with Debian version 1.2.
>Hardware: 486 sx-40 (AMD) 20 M memory
>820 M Seagate HD using DM when in Dos
>When I cold boot (reset button) The boot floppy will load and run
>When I WARM boot, (shutdown and restart) the loader hangs
>at the word 'David' when loading one of the cd-rom divers.
>When I try to boot using loadlin from dos,
>first, the speed shown is 13.11 BogoMips vs 26.11 from booting from
>the floppy and the program hangs up when loadng the keyboard driver.

Are you using any network card? If not I have no clue of what's going on. If
yes try putting "/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down" just before "reboot -d -f" in
/etc/init.d/reboot. This will take care of shutting properly the Ethernet
card that may be causing problems.

Good luck.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department

"Where does this path lead?" said Alice
"Depends on where you want to go."  Said the cat
("Alice in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.)

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.