Cross Compiling for DOS/Windows3.1/Windows95

I have a question about compiling code for use on DOS, Windows3.1, and
Windows95.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

I have thought about installing DJGPP under dosemu, but would rather not
if it isn't necessary. I have also installed the Win32 developement
package from the debian ftp site, but so far haven't figured out exactly
how to use it.  Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Wayde Allen
  (allen@boulder.nist.gov)