Re: Unidentified subject!

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Miro Torrielli wrote:

> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: StarOffice 3.1 segmentation faults
>
> I have been trying to install StarOffice 3.1 beta 2 on my debian 1.2
> box, but the setup program keeps on producing segmentation faults at
> the very end of the installation process, and the actual programs
> (starwriter, stardraw, etc) always produce segmentation faults as
> well.

Check (using ldd <program>) the shared library dependencies on the
binaries. If they want something like libc 5.2.xx, you are running libc
5.4.13 which has major changes to how malloc functions which cause
programs compiles against 5.2.xx to segfault with 5.4.13 and later
libraries.

You can try:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libgnumalloc.so <program>

and see if that helps.

Luck,

Dwarf