Debian 1.2 resq1440 disk problem

I've run out of ideas on this one, if anyone can help...

I'm installing Debian 1.2 (from 1.1) and have created the boot floppy from
the resq1440.bin file.  This boots ok, loads root.bin and the linux
kernel, but then fails with a 'crc error' while uncompressing the
kernel.  However, the same floppy works fine when tried on other 1.1
machines.  I've tried formatting the disk on the PC in question,
using different disks, writing the disk image from Linux (dd) and from
DOS (rawrite2), downloading resq1440.bin again... any ideas??
Neil Parry
(nparry@staff.humber.ac.uk)
School of Engineering & IT
University of Lincolnshire & Humberside.