RE: pdf files

Lars,

What you need is a copy of the Adobe Acrobat viewer software.

The viewer software allows you the view the PDF files, and is copyrighted
but provided free of charge by Adobe (i.e., you are legally allowed to
upload and use it without $$ to be exchanged; you will not be able
to create of modify the PDF files with this viewer softwar, however, you
can extract both text and data using the mouse and standard copy/paste
between windows).

There is a Linux version of the software (I believe in beta test currently)
I found the software following pointers from the WWW.NETSCAPE.COM site,
but I think you can directly contact WWW.ADOBE.COM. They will ask you to
identify yourself, and then allow for upload of the viewer software.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Erik

--- On 08 Dec 1996 12:55:31 -0700  lars@lightcom.net wrote:

>This isn't debian specific, but what does it take to read/print pdf files
>in linux?
>Thanks
>-lars
>--
>My sig file is only one line long!
>

>--

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Erik Pessers, project manager
Telindus Networks nv                          Phone:  +32 16 382011
Geldenaaksebaan 335                           Direct: +32 16 282956
B-3001 HEVERLEE                               Fax:    +32 16 382933

E-mail: erikp@telindus.be
        Erik.Pessers@acm.org
X400:   C=BE;A=RTT;P=Telinfo;DDAttribute=rfc-822;DDAvalue=erikp@telindus.be

PGP fingerprint: E4E0 2ECB  2457 F431  15E0 C09B  257D B888