Re: NTFS Filesystems

> > Can Linux read NTFS filesystems?  I looked at the partitions using fdisk
> > and it read the NTFS filesystem as OS/2 HPFS, but when I tried to mount
> > it calling it HPFS it didn't work.  Is there any way to do this?
>
> I don't believe linux can mount NTFS filesystems.  But, did you make sure
> the hpfs is compiled into your kernel?

I did check that.  My basic problem is I have some stuff on my NTFS disk
that I need to get over to another HD which has my linux swap and root
partitions.  Is there a "fips.exe" type utility that would work on a linux
patition?  That way I could shrink that partition a bit and make a FAT
partition which could be mounted.

Thanks again.

Robert Platt     McGill-Montreal Children's Hospital Research Institute

"For every complex and difficult problem there is always a simple and easy
solution ... and it's wrong."
 				--  H.L. Mencken