Re: Leafmode - newsreaders / mailer suggestions.

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Andrew Martin Adrian Cater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need advice to get mail/news working.  Running (pre)1.2 with smail
> configured and pine also have elm available.  Knews is available - I
> haven't used this yet. I am trying to get a working setup so that I can
> pull a close colleague to Debian.
>
> Still using a Windows newsreader / news posting client for ease of use:
> need help on configuring a local news spool i.e. download all my news to
> a local spool then read it off line / prepare replies etc.
>
> Someone elsewhere suggested leafmode as the ideal solution for a small
> site would be helpful here - is there a .deb package ??

I followed the suggestion.  Was very easy to configure, and wasn't to
hard to complie, after I changed a bug in the Makefile (1.0 had the bug,
but 0.8 di not).  Works fine with trn, but if I try to run nn i get back
$ nn
could not fetch active file

I don't know if it is a problem with leafnode or nn, as I can get the
active file with 'list' or 'list active'.  Any thoughts on why?

Mark