Re: elm problem

> On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> > How do I fix the
> > Waiting to read mailbox while mail is being received: attempt #3
>
> Sounds like mail is being delivered, so the mailbox is locked against elm
> reading it until the delivery is complete.
> Does it eventually read the mailbox ok?

Don't think so. However netscape was unwilling to read the mail folder
either, suggesting permissions 01777 for /usr/spool/mail. Once
I set that things worked okay. Looks like another great
feature of Linux 2.1 ... This permissions thing is biting me
every day now, so I think it might be time to put 2.0.27 back on.

hamish