XWindows Login Screen

Hello All:

I just upgraded to XWindows 3.2 and now my xdm login screen does not show
the familiar "Debian Linux (hostname)" in CadetBlue but just "X Window
System" in unfriendly black!

I have been looking through the X configuration files in /etc/X11 and
everything seems to be as it was before.  The Xresources files have the
colors properly listed, etc.  I am stumped!

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction so I can look for
the cause of this vexing behaviour?

Cheers,

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.cns.iit.edu                      *