Re: date and time

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Graeme Stewart wrote:

>     michael> my debian time is wrong:) The time in my cmos is correct,
>     michael> but the time that debian displays is incorrect
>
> After doing a `date -s "Now"' to get the system time right, use `clock -w'
> or `clock -wu' to set the CMOS clock.

This is likely what caused the problem.

On my machine, 'clock -w' completely scrambles the time on my CMOS clock.
I had to reset it before the machine could boot without hollering.

   |   This is OFFICIAL WRITTEN notification that I want to be REMOVED   |
   |   from ALL commercial mailing lists.  EVERY message sent from this  |
   | account has had this request posted. ALL UNSOLICITED ADVERTISEMENTS |
   |     SENT TO THIS ACCOUNT ARE IN VIOLATION OF FEDERAL (U.S.) LAW.    |