Re: Archive maintenance (problems) in progress?

Try ftp.crosslink.net when there are problems with ftp.debian.org .
We fixed the problem that made ftp.debian.org remove its files, we hope.

The Archive Maintenance In Progress means that the task that updates the
Packages file is not completing. It died due to a disk problem. If it doesn't
run to completion today I'm going to have to do something about it, but I am
reluctant to mess with the FTP archive - Guy Maor is the expert and he is
offline for the holiday.

The ftp archive always messes up right before a release. Always. It makes
no difference who is operating it, where it is, etc.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.