Re: Debian Package Setup

> I have read the help and information docs on dselect but could not find
> or understand what I should do to make this work.

Hi,

dpkg, is a manual version of dselect.  dselect is simply a
user friendly interface to dpkg. I think the best way to find out more
about dpkg is to do

	dpkg -help | less

For dselect, try the directory /usr/doc/debian/ which contains
	dselect-install-instructions.txt.gz

I have found dselect easy to use when the directory structure
of the debian ftp site is preserved.  It warns that this is the
preferred way.

If you're only wanting a few packages, simply try

	dpkg -i path_to_package.deb

That should work. (I installed about 10 packages today in this
way, and life couldn't have been simpler)

Then run dselect to see if there are any
dependency problems or pending configuration jobs.

Regards,
jay