Re: Don't use Matrox cards (Was re:dosemu)

On 12:45:58 "Richard G. Roberto" wrote:
>>On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
>
>Ah, this may have changed.  When 3.0.3 was out in beta, the
>Metro X server was also beta.  The Xfree beta drivers blew
>it away in performance tests posted on Xfree's web page.
>I know this because I was looking for an alternative to
>Slackware for my home machine and looked into RedHat and
>Debian both.  When I asked Redhat about the Metro X server,
>they said it was a beta server that had a lot of debug code
>in it, thus the slow numbers.  Do you know how the full
>release performs?

I tried the Metro X server also on my RH system.  It sucks!  Came
up with the darndest wierd color combinations, and it didn't seem
to pay any attention to fvwm at all--not the colors anyway!  Some
of the gaudiest, gosh awful combinations you could imagine.  Most
of them useless, due to the lack of contrast or the color choices of
fg & bg.  And it was (is) slow.  Real slow.

Paul