"Error in archive format" for boot1440_2.0.5-1.bin

Hi all,

I'm installing Debian 1.1 on a P90 with a NCR53c810 SCSI controller,
so I grabbed the special kernel 'boot1440_2.0.5-1.bin' which supports
this cotroller. The installation process proceeds fine until the
"Install the Operating System Kernel" step. When I insert the
boot floppy after a while I get the message:

Error in archive format.

I'm sure the floppy is good (I've tryed 2 different floppies
formatted with fdformat) and the file boot1440_2.0.5-1.bin has
been downloaded from ftp.debian.org. So my guess is that the
original file is somehow corrupted.

I've tryed to insert the "standard" boot disk and it has been read
correctly, but there is an incompatibility between the version of the
kernel of the 2 boot disks so I can't load the module for the
ethernet card to continue the installation via NFS.

Anyone has experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Regards,
Luca.