A few stupid(?) questions...

Ok, I've got a few questions for problems that are for the most part
annoying the hell out of me.

1.  The Bourne Again SHell seems to require a '.\' before the
executable name in order
to be able to execute the program (all programs in the /usr/games
directory).
2.  I've created .bashrc, .bash_profile,  and .bash_aliases in my /root
directory,
and /home/dbl home directory.  However, bash does not seem to load
these up.
I've modified the files to allow for an easier transition from DOS/OS2
command
prompts.
3.  How would I specify to use -o (--colors) as a default option for
color-ls?  (I also
wish to use color-ls when I use the 'ls' command.  So, I would assume I
would
do an

mv /bin/ls /usr/lib
ln -sf /usr/bin/color-ls /usr/bin/ls
ln -sf /usr/lib/ls /usr/bin/old-ls

to replace ls with color-ls?)
4.  Is there any shells for Linux similar to the Rexx shell for OS/2
and AIX, or
is this simply dreaming?
5.  Will the Slackware distribution of Abuse from Crack-Dot-Com work
with
the Debian installation?  (I'm assuming yes, but you never know...)

TIA.