Re: Apache server

In your email to me, ' ALLAN W. BART, you wrote:

> i was wondering about alternatives to the apache server, cern ncsa and
> others and why is everyone using apache now?

Everyone's not! :)  Apache became popular because it was fast. I used it
for a while. For the ISP I run though, I switched to Spinner. Although
this is still beta, I have a stable version which performs better than
Apache in my configuration. The configuration method is via your browser
(like Netscape has), and doesn't need 10-15 copies of itself forked off
to maintain performance under load..

Tim

--
		       sailer@sun10.sep.bnl.gov