Re: xbiff: cannot convert to type Pixmap

> I recently upgraded our system to 1.1.  Now, when I run xbiff, I get:
>
> Warning: Cannot convert string "flagup" to type Pixmap
> Warning: Cannot convert string "flagdown" to type Pixmap
>
> And a silly pixmap of shelves or something is shown instead of the
> mailbox pixmap.

Strange.....

Could you mail me (privately) the output of
   dpkg -l
on your system? Especially your version of xaw3d interests me:
an old version _used_ to cause this problem, but not the current
version.

Release xaw3d-1.2a-4 (and -3) should be OK.

If you do have xaw3d installed, could you also send me the output
of
  ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm

(this should list Xaw being loaded at the start, and _not_
(also) at the end, or both start and end).

If you do have xaw3d installed, could you try removing it,
and checking what the effect is?

Thanks,
 your xaw3d maintainer who thought he fixed the problem,

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl