Re: Debian 1.1beta problems

Mark Phillips <mark@maths.flinders.edu.au> write:
|I created my own .xsession, but still got an xterm.  It seems that
|_both_ /etc/X11/Xsession and ~/.xsession get run - is this right?
|Does this mean that the only way to stop the xterm automatically
|coming up is to edit /etc/X11/Xsession?

Not so.

/etc/X11/Xsession should run xterm (and attempt to run window managers
mentioned in /etc/X11/window-managers only if .xsession doesn't exist
_or isn't executable_ (look at lines 70-72 at /etc/X11/Xsession) OR
/etc/X11/config doesn't have a line which begins with
"allow-user-xsession" (which must be the default).

I'd suspect you forgot to make your .xsession excutable ("chmod +x
~/.xsession")

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL             amos@dsi.co.il |                     -- Anonymous