Re: Loading X Windows

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Buddha Buck wrote:

> Or, if you are desparate and foolish enough (and have a lot of memory),
> you -can- run multiple X servers on different virtual consoles.  I've
> done this in the past.  I don't recommend it.

I run multiple X servers (at different bit depths) on different
consoles all the time, and it works great.  I have 32 megs, but the
other X server gets totally swapped out.

BTW, if you want to do this, there's a small bug in xinit.  If you
start the second server as 'xinit', it'll get started on :1.0, but
$DISPLAY is still set to ':0.0' in .xinitrc.  If you start it as 'xinit
-- :1.0', it's ok.

Guy