Re: ncr-810 support?

DM> It would appear that the boot disks for debian 1.1 beta don't have
DM> generic ncr-810 SCSI support - the .93 disks did.  Are there
DM> alternative boot disks available with this support?  I perused the
DM> installation document and saw no mention of it.

This is an official bug with the number xyz (sorry forgot). I am not
aware of any boot disks. I had quite some troubles because of this
because I had to install 0.93 and then upgrade to 1.1. I do have a
1.3.100 kernel and it shouldn't be that hard to make a debian boot for
you. But I think the support should be in the official
release. Actually, an NCR-810 isn't a very special kind of hardware.

-Peter.

How like us those animals were, walking patiently they knew not where.
Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler