printing in debian/unix is hard...

   From: Carl Johnson <carlj@cjlinux.home.org>
   Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 09:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

   [...]  The System V scheme is much more flexible, yet it seems that
   nobody who works with Linux or BSD is even aware that it exists.  Is
   there any kind of implementation of System V lp available for Linux that
   anybody knows of?

Note that this does not fulfill the requirements specified in the original
request.  A command with a large and open-ended set of undocumented
option/flag/switches is no substitute for a dialog box ala our nemesis
Windows.

I would like to know if Red Hat or Caldera offer an lp/lpr substitute that
notices DISPLAY and puts up a nice dialog box with lots of help text.

BTW...  Yes, we are all familiar with System V lp.  'nuf said.

Matt Birkholz <birkholz@midnight.com.>
Finger birkholz@primenet.com for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key ID = 74305425
Key Fingerprint = B3 34 FB 3E 3C FE E8 57  AA B4 B2 95 A7 C0 1E AF