Re: big problems with installation

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Amos Shapira wrote:

> Then maybe the warning signs in the ftp sites should be updated?  Back when
> I went for Debian I saw lots of them lying around (and so I went to 0.93R6,
> which indeed prooved less stable than "unstable"), as well as when I mirrored
> unstable 1.1.

My 0.93R6 system at home is the most stable linux system I have ever seen.
Now that 1.1 is nearly ready for release, I agree that it is approaching
the same level of stability.  It is true that 0.93 probably is not
compatible with some of the newer hardware and software, but it is
certainly worthy of its status as a "stable" distribution.

Regarding the removal of 0.93 from ftp sites, can't we keep it available
as an "old" distribution?  There may be some people who will want to
continue using it for some time.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.