1.1 Beta install problem: depmod not found

During a fresh install of 1.1 beta, I had the following problem while
trying to 'Install the Operating System Kernel':

    Installing the kernel...
    4047 blocks

    depmod:  not found

I worked around this by switching to vt2 and executing

    ln -s /target/sbin/depmod /sbin/depmod

I then tried again to 'Install the Operating System Kernel' and got

    Installing the kernel...
    4047 blocks

    Can't open /lib/modules/1.3.95/modules.dep

I worked around this by switching to vt2 and executing

    ln -s /target/lib/modules /lib/modules

This step then proceeded to build a bootable kernel.  Perhaps the root
floppy could handle this automatically?

Apologies if this is well-known (I did search the archives), or if I did
something particularly stupid to trigger this problem.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042