Re: making sendmail not use DNS (Was: Re: diald)

Yves Arrouye writes:

>  > Richard Kettlewell said:
>  > > Also, do someone know how to ask sendmail really not to make DNS queries?
>  > > This is somewhat that starts up diald when one does not want, and it is
>  > > really annoying.
>
> I have them already for a long time. Sendmail still does DNS queries,
> for example to try to contact my smarthost. I could try to put just this
> one in /etc/hosts but I'm not sure it will suffice (I'll tell if it
> does).

How about having an empty /etc/resolv.conf file? I have an empty one and
also have sendmail configured to queue the mail instead of delivering it in
the background. Once my ppp connection is up I replace the /etc/resolv.conf
file by the one that has the correct name server entries and call sendmail
-q. This delivers all my queued mail.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____