Re: error make-ing kernel 1.2.13

	From gli@interlog.com  Sat May  4 01:40:32 1996
	To: Ed Donovan <edonovan@world.std.com>
	Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
	Subject: Re: error make-ing kernel 1.2.13

	Well, you are not alone.  I also have this "problem", when I recompiled
	this kernel the first time.  What you could do is: not select PPP when you
	are in make config.  Then just follow the steps to finish the 'roll your own
	kernel': make dep; make clean; make zImage.  You should not have any
	error this time.  And if you really need PPP, you can use the PPP modules.

	Godfrey
	gli@interlog.com

Thanks, it's amazing how happy you get not to be alone.  And that
report's excellent to hear because that's what I'm trying right now.  I
didn't think I could figure this out, but having sent for help, I had
nothing else to do, and I got a better understanding from the makefile
in that directory.  So I thought screw it, I'll make it without ppp and
can load it as a module.  Then I was kind of red-faced running make
config again and seeing that they *suggested* 'no' for ppp.  More than a
good suggestion in this case, it seems.  Now I can go to sleep believing
it'll come out right.  Grazie -- (I guess your host's in Toronto, but
your username has me feeling Italy :)

--

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com