Re: fingerd

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Jason Eggleston wrote:

> For those following this thread, someone else has been helping me off the
> list and figured out I didn't have a 'nobody' in my /etc/passwd file.

The problem was that nobody had a shell of /dev/null (check this in
your /etc/passwd to see if that's your problem).  You can upgrade to a
newer base and recreate your system's users or use vipw to cut and
paste the /etc/passwd's.

At the moment there is no way for base to upgrade the system user part
of /etc/passwd only.

Guy