Re: various boot errors and module problems!

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Brian K Servis wrote:

> When booting I get the following errors when calculating dependencies.
>
> *** Unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/1.2.13/net/3c501.o
> *** Unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/1.2.13/net/3c509.o
> *** Unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/1.2.13/net/8390.o

[...deleted...]

> This all started after I recompiled the 1.2.13 kernel to set it up for
> my tastes.  After make zImage and modifing /etc/lilo.conf and running
> lilo, I rebooted and did make modules then make modules_install.  Does
> anything look familiar?  If you need more info please ask and I will
> get you what you need. I am running my linux box at home with no
> "real" network connection but I am wanting to connect to a dial in
> account running slirp.  I compiled in network support but no drivers
> for any protocols, just load a module when I want to connect.

I've seen something like this before.  Looks like you've got a lot of
old modules from a previous compilation of the kernel...maybe from
the kernel image which came with your debian install disks.

Try cleaning out /lib/modules/1.2.13/* and then:

cd /usr/src/linux
make modules
make modules_install
reboot