Re: Missing files in ftp.debian.org

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Carlo U. Segre wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I have been checking in ftp.debian.org and noticed that some of the items
> listed in the Packages file are not yet there.  I thought that it might
> be a bandwidth problem from the master site, but there is no change this
> morning.  One specific package which is missing is gcc, there are about 5
> others that I know of in devel and dpkg-1.1.5elf.deb is missing in base
> (but this is also missing at the master site).  If it is truly a
> bandwidth problem, please ignore this message.

Currently dpkg-1.1.5aout.deb is supposed to be in the base directory.
With all the file switching that has gone one lately...
ftp.debian.org is as up to date as it can be, considering that it's
source for the latest, greatest files has been unavailable for comment
for most of the last few days. These technical problems are being worked
on as we speak :-)
We can all appreciate the anticipation of all those waiting on the new
release, and the aggravation of not being able to "go test it".
Development output is blocked by these problems as well, so frustration
abounds!
If we are patient, and relax, the mirrors will be able to update
within several hours of the mirror source machine's repair. If he is not
still too busy after the repair, Simon may even let us know that
everything is fixed. (maybe not :-)
To the first one who finds ftp.debian.org has been updated:
Let the rest of us know, OK?

Later,

Dwarf