RE: Lilo!!

On 28-Mar-96 C.J.Lawson@cranfield.ac.uk wrote:
>>Good day everone,
>	I have a problem I hoping that someone could shed some light on.
>
>	I used to have a Linux partition on 203MB HDD and an OS_2 one
>(formatted FAT to permit Linux writes). The whole setup was configured to boot
>via Lilo. Now I have mysteriously aquired another HDD and wanted to reinstall
>Linux on the new disk (slave) and OS2 on the primary. So I reformatted the
>first HDD and started an OS2 install. The problem was that when I reached the
>stage where OS2 tries to reboot the computer Lilo gets hold of the system and
>orse, when I ask it to boot OS2 as it did previously it hangs. As you can
>imagine it cannot boot Linux becaus the partition has been formatted so that
>hangs in a kernel panic too. Now I have reformatted the partition several times

>(HPFS, FAT, EXT2) all to no avail Lilo seems somehow to have taken hold of the
>system and wouldn't let go..

I seem to remember that in DOS  you need to use fdisk /MBR to clean the master b
oot record. Make sure you read the OS/2 manual
to check if it applies because I am not sure if it will have any other unwelcome
d consecuences.

Luis.Luis Francisco Gonzalez Hernandez
University of Sussex
Falmer, Brighton,